I wish, respectfully and humbly, to state that option (b) is the best for Ndiigbo for the following reasons:
- There is no desire by any of the leadership of Nigeria, to date, to build a nation.
- The Fulani have their agenda in Nigeria which they have pursued diligently since 1804 and are close to achieving their objective.
- No meaningful restructuring will be achieved without an accurate census. We know that the North will not allow that.
- All was not well with our people in the pre-civil war set up. Recall events in the Northern House of Assembly in 1963-64 when the sentiments expressed and demand made of the Saduana was how to dispossess the Igbo and deal with them.
- There is no viable methodology by Ndigbo to force implementation of option (a) in that it involves taking the democratic route which we have little or no leverage. The international community will not be involved as this will tantamount to interference in the domestic affairs of a sovereign country.
- As we speak there is a full slate of Igbo candidates canvassing seriously for elected office even with the discredited 1999 constitution and some of them will be willing tools in the hands of our adversaries to foil any boycott of 2019 election.